“…I believe it is a ‘great course’” * “I feel [the course] helped me pass.” *
The Osler Institute has over thirty years of experience in preparing physicians for their board examinations. We can help you today.
A survey of Osler participants shows significantly higher pass rates for Osler students compared with those who did not take our course.
The difference in pass rates is difficult to explain away by self-selection in attendance over-representing those who would have passed without taking the Osler course.
“Osler gives … unfair advantage” said a Board Trustee. “He’s wrong and right,” reported an Osler participant who heard the trustee’s comment. “The course does give candidates an advantage – but it’s not unfair.” This student had failed his boards before taking the Osler course but told us that he passed easily after doing the course. “This time didn’t even feel like an exam. It was like having a discussion with a colleague.”
The Osler course can work for you too.
- Use the evidence-based information and the multiple learning tools presented to evaluate and formulate a differential diagnosis in specific scenarios.
- Identify indications and the problems that may come from a lack of understanding of those indications and contraindications to transfusion.
- Recognize common patterns of test results in chemistry and recommend additional tests, as needed, to help further characterize the etiology and prognosis of the patient’s condition.
- Apply increased knowledge of pathology and its sub-specialties in order to achieve specialty board certification and /or continued maintenance of certification.
- Home study questions with answers and review
- Seminar with Powerpoints and lecture-note syllabus
- Practice test for your written exam
NOW WITH CME CREDIT and SAMs!
CME on Your Terms – The Osler Institute utilized state of the art equipment to record our Live October, 2016 comprehensive Pathology Review Course and bring it to you! These audio files are stored “in the cloud” so you can stream them anywhere, anytime, as long as you have an internet connection – your learning experience is almost like being at the live activity, but without travel costs and time away from your practice.
Designation: The Osler Institute designates this Live activity for a maximum of 70 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Osler Institute has been approved by the America Board of Pathology as a provider of SAMs. This activity is designated for SAM Credits.
This course will be held at: Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
General Pathology - Inflammation and Repair ** Pathology of Neoplasia ** Pediatric Pathology ** Forensic Pathology ** Electron Microscopy ** Systemic Pathology - Cardiovascular Pathology ** Pulmonary Pathology ** Gastrointestinal Pathology ** Endocrine Pathology ** Liver and Gallbladder ** Breast Pathology ** Renal Disease ** Female Reproductive ** Male Reproductive ** Bone Tumors ** Soft Tissue Pathology ** Dermatopathology ** Neuropathology ** Cytology and Hematology - Cytopathology ** Cytogenetics ** Lab Management ** Lymph Node Pathology ** Red Cells ** White Cells ** Platelets and Coagulation ** Immunopathology - Immunophysiology ** Immunopathology ** Immunohistochemistry ** Molecular Pathology ** Blood Banking ** Microbiology - Bacteriology ** Mycobacteriology ** Virology ** Mycology ** Parasitology ** Sensitivity Testing ** Chemistry - Statistics and Quality Control ** Instrumentation ** Acid-base and Blood Gases ** Enzymes and liver ** Radioimmunoassay ** Toxicology ** Lipid and Protein ** Endocrine Chemistry ** Urinalysis
Learn on the go – with nearly 63 hours of material recorded at our live review courses. The Osler Institute utilizes state of the art equipment to record each of our review courses. Then, based on participant feedback, compiles a set of lectures including the top ranked speakers for each of the topics covered. Each USB Drive includes the lectures in MP3 format – listen to on your phone, computer, or load onto your MP3 player
Section # 1 Anatomic Pathology ** GI Pathology by Milton Kiyabu ** GU Pathology by Milton Kiyabu ** Female Reproductive by Anwar Raza ** Bone Pathology by Julie Fanburg-Smith ** Soft Tissue by Julie Fanburg-Smith ** Endocrine Pathology-1 Thyroid by Anwar Raza ** Endocrine Pathology-2 Pituitary by Anwar Raza ** Section # 2 Anatomic Pathology ** Neuropathology by Anthony Yachnis ** Pulmonary Pathology by Andreas Khoor ** Electron Microscopy by Karlene Hewan Lowe ** Unknown Cases by Karlene Hewan Lowe ** Renal Pathology by Maria Picken ** Forensic Pathology by Russell Vega ** Dermatopathology by Drazen Jukic ** Section # 3 Anatomic Pathology ** Pediatric Pathology-1 by Jamie Shutter ** Pediatric Pathology-2 by Jamie Shutter ** Head and Neck Pathology by Don John Summerlin ** Breast Pathology by Anwar Raza ** Liver and Gallbladder by Aaron Auerbach ** Cardiac Pathology by Aaron Auerbach ** Neoplasia Inflammation and Repair by Aaron Auerbach ** Picture Book Review by Aaron Auerbach ** Anatomic Pathology Review by Anwar Raza ** Section # 4 Anatomic Pathology/Clinical Pathology ** Cytopathology-1 Principles by Anwar Raza ** Cytopathology-2 GYN by Anwar Raza ** Cytopathology-3 Non GYN by Anwar Raza ** Cytopathology-4 Non GYN by Anwar Raza ** Lymph Node-1 by Aaron Auerbach ** Lymph Node-2 by Aaron Auerbach ** Red Blood Cells by Aaron Auerbach ** White Blood Cells by Aaron Auerbach ** Platelets and Coagulation by Aaron Auerbach ** Cytogenetics by Carrie Fitzpatrick ** Molecular Pathology by David Wu ** Section # 5 Clinical Pathology ** Humoral and Cellular Immunity by Thomas Alexander ** Immunodeficiency and Autoimmunity by Thomas Alexander ** Flow Cytometry by Thomas Alexander ** Blood Bank-1 by Joe Chaffin ** Blood Bank-2 by Joe Chaffin ** Blood Bank-3 by Joe Chaffin ** Blood Bank-4 by Joe Chaffin ** Blood Bank-Practical by Joe Chaffin ** Section# 6 Clinical Pathology ** Virology by Sheldon Campbell ** Mycobacteriology by Sheldon Campbell ** Parasitology-1 by Sheldon Campbell ** Parasitology-2 by Sheldon Campbell ** Mycology by Sheldon Campbell ** Bacteriology-1 by Yvette McCarter ** Bacteriology-2 by Yvette McCarter ** Antibiotic Sensitivity Testing by Yvette McCarter ** Section # 7 Clinical Pathology ** Lipids and Proteins by William Winter ** Statistics and QC by William Winter ** Diabetes and Renal Function by William Winter ** Enzymes and Liver by Robert Dufour ** Endocrinology-1 by Robert Dufour ** Endocrinology-2 by Robert Dufour ** Acid-Base Electrolytes and Tumor Markers by Robert Dufour ** Instrumentation and Measurement by Robert Dufour ** Immunoassay Toxicology and TDM by Robert Dufour ** Lab Management by Robert Dufour
Prepare for the boards with confidence!
Extensively revised and updated to reflect recent advances in pathology knowledge and practice, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Board Review (formerly Pathology Exam Review) is an excellent study resource for initial and re-certifying board examinations and in-service exams. More than 2,000 board-formatted multiple-choice questions, many accompanied by full-color images, prepare you for success on this challenging exam.
- New questions detailed answers
- Updated and improved illustrations
- Rewritten chapters and new authors who share their expertise in diagnostic skills and practice guidelines
- A full set of references at the end of each chapter
- Reviewed and edited by a team of senior pathology residents, clinical fellows, and recently appointed pathologists
Develop your exam-taking skills with the most comprehensive and detailed study questions – all in one volume!
Anatomic pathology – general pathology ** cytopathology ** autopsy pathology ** surgical pathology ** immunohistochemistry ** electron microscopy.
Clinical pathology – immunology ** medical microbiology (bacteriology, mycology, virology, and parasitology) ** transfusion medicine** hematology ** coagulation ** clinical chemistry ** molecular pathology ** genetics.
Authors: Ronald M. Przygodzki MD, Atif Ali Ahmed MD
McGraw-Hill Education Specialty Board Review: Anatomic Pathology is the perfect way for residents to prepare for the Anatomic Pathology Board Examination and for practicing pathologists to prepare for recertification. You will find everything you need in one comprehensive, full-color review…multiple-choice questions with detailed answer explanations, hundreds of full-color illustrations, suggested readings, and case-based scenarios.
- More than 1,500 multiple-choice questions and answers
- Answers to questions include discussion of the salient features of the entity, diagnostic pitfalls, and differential diagnosis; and an explanation of the incorrect choice
- More than 450 full-color, high-resolution gross and microscopic images
- Covers all areas of anatomic pathology practice, such as pulmonary, bone and soft tissue, immunopathology, and more
- Valuable review articles and references provided at the end of each chapter
Authors: Richard Prayson, MD, Deepa Patil, MD, Associate Staff, Deborah Chute, MD, Associate Staff,
Pre-loaded USB drive with over 600 high resolution scanned images in an easy to use format to peruse on your computer.
- Dermatology Slide Set 179 scanned slides
- Hematology Slide Set 92 scanned slides
- Orthopedics Slide Set 175 scanned slides
- Otolaryngology Slide Set 175 scanned slides
- Lodging charges are not included in the registration fee. If not staying under the Osler room block at the course hotel there is a per day charge to cover the cost of the meeting space, food and beverage package plus associated fees and taxes; costs may vary by location. Said costs are all included in the Osler room block rate along with applicable room taxes.
- Cancellation Policy: Subject to a $100 fee, refunds will be made for cancellations received at least 14 days before the course begins.