“…I believe it is a ‘great course’” * “I feel [the course] helped me pass.” *
The Osler Institute has over thirty years of experience in preparing physicians for their board examinations. We can help you today.
A survey of Osler participants shows significantly higher pass rates for Osler students compared with those who did not take our course.
The difference in pass rates is difficult to explain away by self-selection in attendance over-representing those who would have passed without taking the Osler course.
“Osler gives … unfair advantage” said a Board Trustee. “He’s wrong and right,” reported an Osler participant who heard the trustee’s comment. “The course does give candidates an advantage – but it’s not unfair.” This student had failed his boards before taking the Osler course but told us that he passed easily after doing the course. “This time didn’t even feel like an exam. It was like having a discussion with a colleague.”
The Osler course can work for you too.
- Use the evidence-based information and the multiple learning tools presented to evaluate and formulate a differential diagnosis in specific scenarios.
- Identify indications and the problems that may come from a lack of understanding of those indications and contraindications to transfusion.
- Recognize common patterns of test results in chemistry and recommend additional tests, as needed, to help further characterize the etiology and prognosis of the patient’s condition.
- Apply increased knowledge of pathology and its sub-specialties in order to achieve specialty board certification and /or continued maintenance of certification.
- Home study questions with answers and review
- Seminar with Powerpoints and lecture-note syllabus
- Practice test for your written exam
Pathology Review October 7 – 13, 2018 Tampa (Diplomates – Earn 70 CME credits and 20 SAM Credits in One Activity!)
Designation: The Osler Institute designates this Live activity for a maximum of 70 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Osler Institute has been approved by the America Board of Pathology as a provider of SAMs. Of the AMA PRA Category, 1 Credits™ listed above, the American Board of Pathology has approved up to 10 AP and 10 CP SAM credits for those successfully completing the online modular exam(s).
This course will be held at: HILTON TAMPA AIRPORT WESTSHORE 2225 N LOIS AVE, TAMPA, FLORIDA
This comprehensive review is designed to update your clinical knowledge base as well as to help you pass your Pathology AP and/or CP exams (Certifying or Continuing Certification). Emphasis is on evidence-based practice and board-relevant standards of care, incorporating new concepts and testing strategies as well as quality control and laboratory management skills. Many of our previous participants found the course provided them with improved diagnostic and evaluation skills and helped them recognize specific weaknesses for further self-study. The course includes didactic lectures with review questions at the end of each topic, esyllabus (containing all PowerPoint® presentations), and designated Q&A sessions covering Blood Bank procedures and Clinical Chemistry. Sunday through Wednesday lectures covers Anatomical Pathology Topics. Wednesday through Saturday lectures covers Clinical Pathology Topics. Wednesday is an overlap day and contains both Anatomic as well as Clinical Pathology topics scattered throughout the day.
The Pathology Course also offers an optional day of glass-slide review before and after the seven-day lecture seminar. There are seven sets of twenty-five slides to review, self-study style which is the same for both lab days. The Saturday slide lab prior to the course opens at 1:00 pm and closes at 8:00 pm. The Sunday slide lab, which takes place on the Sunday following the lecture course, is open from 7:00 am to 1:00 pm. If you choose not to attend one of the extra slide lab days you can still rent a microscope to use during the lecture course. The hours of the microscope room are 7:00 am to 11:00 pm and the hours of the slide check out are 9:00 am to 8:00 pm. A Clinical Photo room with a question and answer pack available throughout the course.
The Osler Institute is going green and providing our attendees with the latest technology to assist in their review. Each registrant will receive upon arrival at the course, a USB drive with searchable PDF copies of the presentations offered during the review.
General Pathology - Inflammation and Repair ** Pathology of Neoplasia ** Pediatric Pathology ** Forensic Pathology ** Electron Microscopy ** Systemic Pathology - Cardiovascular Pathology ** Pulmonary Pathology ** Gastrointestinal Pathology ** Endocrine Pathology ** Liver and Gallbladder ** Breast Pathology ** Renal Disease ** Female Reproductive ** Male Reproductive ** Bone Tumors ** Soft Tissue Pathology ** Dermatopathology ** Neuropathology ** Cytology and Hematology - Cytopathology ** Cytogenetics ** Lab Management ** Lymph Node Pathology ** Red Cells ** White Cells ** Platelets and Coagulation ** Immunopathology - Immunophysiology ** Immunopathology ** Immunohistochemistry ** Molecular Pathology ** Blood Banking ** Microbiology - Bacteriology ** Mycobacteriology ** Virology ** Mycology ** Parasitology ** Sensitivity Testing ** Chemistry - Statistics and Quality Control ** Instrumentation ** Acid-base and Blood Gases ** Enzymes and liver ** Radioimmunoassay ** Toxicology ** Lipid and Protein ** Endocrine Chemistry ** Urinalysis
NOW WITH CME CREDIT AND SAMs! — Starting at $395.00
CME on Your Terms – The Osler Institute utilized state of the art equipment to record our Live October 2016 comprehensive Pathology Review Course and bring it to you! These Video/Audio files are stored “in the cloud” so you can stream them anywhere, anytime, as long as you have an internet connection, watch or listen to on your phone, computer – your learning experience is almost like being at the live activity, but without travel costs and time away from your practice. Included with each Online review is an electronic downloadable copy of the syllabus that corresponds to the Video/Audio lectures.Learn More
The Osler Institute utilized state of the art equipment to record our Live October 2016 comprehensive Pathology Review Course and bring it to you! These Audio files are stored “in the cloud” so you can stream them anywhere, anytime, as long as you have an internet connection, listen to on your phone, computer – your learning experience is almost like being at the live activity, but without travel costs and time away from your practice. Included with each Online review is an electronic downloadable copy of the syllabus that corresponds to the Audio Lectures.
The Osler Institute utilized state of the art equipment to record our Live October 2016 comprehensive Pathology Review Course and bring it to you! These Audio files are stored “in the cloud” so you can stream them anywhere, anytime, as long as you have an internet connection, or listen to on your phone, computer – your learning experience is almost like being at the live activity, but without travel costs and time away from your practice. Included with each Online review is an electronic downloadable copy of the syllabus that corresponds to the Audio Lectures.
Prepare for the boards with confidence!
Extensively revised and updated to reflect recent advances in pathology knowledge and practice, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Board Review (formerly Pathology Exam Review) is an excellent study resource for initial and re-certifying board examinations and in-service exams. More than 2,000 board-formatted multiple-choice questions, many accompanied by full-color images, prepare you for success on this challenging exam.
- New questions detailed answers
- Updated and improved illustrations
- Rewritten chapters and new authors who share their expertise in diagnostic skills and practice guidelines
- A full set of references at the end of each chapter
- Reviewed and edited by a team of senior pathology residents, clinical fellows, and recently appointed pathologists
Develop your exam-taking skills with the most comprehensive and detailed study questions – all in one volume!
Authors: Ronald M. Przygodzki MD, Atif Ali Ahmed MD
*formerly Pathology Exam Review*
McGraw-Hill Education Specialty Board Review: Anatomic Pathology is the perfect way for residents to prepare for the Anatomic Pathology Board Examination and for practicing pathologists to prepare for recertification. You will find everything you need in one comprehensive, full-color review…multiple-choice questions with detailed answer explanations, hundreds of full-color illustrations, suggested readings, and case-based scenarios.
- More than 1,500 multiple-choice questions and answers
- Answers to questions include discussion of the salient features of the entity, diagnostic pitfalls, and differential diagnosis; and an explanation of the incorrect choice
- More than 450 full-color, high-resolution gross and microscopic images
- Covers all areas of anatomic pathology practice, such as pulmonary, bone and soft tissue, immunopathology, and more
- Valuable review articles and references provided at the end of each chapter
Authors: Richard Prayson, MD, Deepa Patil, MD, Associate Staff, Deborah Chute, MD, Associate Staff,
Pre-loaded USB drive with over 600 medium resolution scanned images in an easy to use format to peruse on your computer.
*Please note that these are not the slides used in the glass slide lab at the live review. *
- Dermatology Slide Set 179 scanned slides
- Hematology Slide Set 92 scanned slides
- Orthopedics Slide Set 175 scanned slides
- Otolaryngology Slide Set 175 scanned slides
- Lodging charges are not included in the registration fee. If not staying under the Osler room block at the course hotel there is a per day charge to cover the cost of the meeting space, food and beverage package plus associated fees and taxes; costs may vary by location. Said costs are all included in the Osler room block rate along with applicable room taxes.
- Cancellation Policy: Subject to a $100 fee, refunds will be made for cancellations received at least 14 days before the course begins.