NOW WITH CME CREDIT!
CME on Your Terms – The Osler Institute utilized state of the art equipment to record our Live September, 2016 comprehensive Family Medicine Review Course and bring it to you! These audio files are stored “in the cloud” so you can stream them anywhere, anytime, as long as you have an internet connection – your learning experience is almost like being at the live activity, but without travel costs and time away from your practice.
Designation -The Osler Institute designates this Enduring Material for a maximum of 56 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Release Date: 11/1/2016
- Expiration Date:10/31/2019
- Estimated Time to Complete:56 hours
- Unlimited use for 6 months, only $675.00
- 1 month for just $295.00
Faculty and Topics
- Reid Blackwelder, MD Professor of Family Medicine, ETSU Past President, AAFP - Pediatric Orthopedics, Hand and Wrist, Shoulder Pain, Foot and Ankle, Hypertension, FM Certification, Critical Reasoning
- William Bryant, MD Assistant Professor of Pediatrics Texas A&M University - Growth and Growth Disorders, Thyroid, Parathyroid, Calcium and Vitamin D, Diabetes, Gonadal Diseases, Adrenal Diseases
- Eric Coris, MD Professor and Dir of Sports Medicine University of South Florida - Sports Medicine, Trauma Medicine, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Myocardial Infarction, Lower Back Pain
- Curtis Galke, DO Assistant Professor of Family Medicine University of Texas, San Antonio - White Cell Disorders, Coagulation, HIV AIDS, Acid Base, Nephritis, Electrocardiogram, Arrhythmias
- William Geiger, MD Director of Family Practice Residency Grant Family Med Residency, Columbus, OH - Fibromyalgia, Rheumatic Disease, Preventative Medicine, Heart Failure, Sleep Apnea, Skin Disease, Pediatric Exanthems, Hyperlipidemia - Doris Greenburg, MD Associate Clinical Professor of Pediatrics Mercer University - Developmental Behavior, Behavioral Problems and Disorders, Substance Abuse
- Samuel Grief, MD Associate Professor of Clinical Family Medicine University of Illinois, Chicago - Infections, Anemia, Ocular Conditions, Neurology
- Larry Johnson, MD, PhD Associate Professor of Family Medicine University of Arkansas - Delirium, Dementia, Geriatric Pharmacology, Sleep Disorders, Geriatric Nutrition, Vitamins and Minerals
- Robert Kauffman, MD Professor and Chair of Ob-Gyn Texas Tech University - Pelvic Pain, Obstetrics for Family Medicine, Contraceptives, Sexual Assault, Breast Conditions, Urinary Tract Infections, Osteoporosis
- Paras Khandhar, MD Assistant Professor of Pediatrics Oakland University - Evidence-Based Medicine, Ethics, Pediatric Allergies, Pediatric Asthma
- Leonard Salzberg, MD Associate Director in Family Medicine Duke SR-AHEC FM Residency Program - Oral Lesions, GERD and Dyspepsia, Peptic Ulcer and Gastroparesis, Crohn's and Celiac Disease, Ulcerative Colitis and Diverticular Disease, IBS, Gastroenteritis, Liver Disease, Pancreatitis and Acute Abdomen, GI Cancers
- Arunabh Talwar, MD Professor of Family Medicine Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Bronchitis, Asthma, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Restrictive Lung Disease, Pulmonary Assessment
- Melvin Thornton II, MD Associate Professor of Ob-Gyn Columbia University - Gynecological Infections, Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding, Menstrual Disorders, Menopause, Adolescent Gynecology, Pap Smears, Infertility
Faculty, Planner, and Reviewer Disclosure Declaration
- In compliance with the Standards, Guidelines, and Ethical opinions of the ACCME, AAMC and AMA, The Osler Institute requires that anyone with input into the planning or presentation of Continuing Medical Education activities provided or jointly-provided by The Osler Institute must disclose to the program audience any relevant financial relationships with companies or organizations about whose products or services they are discussing in their presentations.
- The following faculty/planners/reviewers disclosed a relevant financial relationship(s).
- Doris Greenberg, MD - Consultant for Iron Shores Pharmaceuticals; pension plan stocks - JNJ, NVS, ABT, ABBN, GSK, Nordisk
- Robert Kauffman, MD - Nexaplanon Trainer for Merck
- Arunabh Talwar, MD - Speaker for Boehringer Ingelheim
- The following faculty/planners/reviewers listed no relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose.
- Reid Blackwelder, MD, William Bryant, MD, Eric Coris, MD, Curtis Galke, DO, William Geiger, MD, Samuel Grief, MD, Larry Johnson, MD, Paras Khandhar, MD, Melvin Thorton II, MD, Eron Manusov, MD†, Lenard Salzberg, MD†, Christy Pearison†, Joseph Selliken, MD†, Michael Stewart†, Sally Schuette, PhD†
- Copies of the Disclosure Forms are available upon request.
- † Program Planning Committee
- * Reviewer if Applicable
Learning ObjectivesAt the conclusion of this course each participant will be able to:
- Discuss updated patient management strategies for the following areas: Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Surgery, Gynecology, Community Medicine, Geriatrics, Adolescent Medicine and Sport Medicine
- Confidently interpret laboratory finding, EKG's and other graphic representation of body function for specific patient presentations
- Demonstrate increased competence in the diagnosis and management of chronic diseases such as Type 2 diabetes, hypertension and hypercholesterolemia
- Recognize when to refer patients to a specialist to provide the best patient care
- Implement comprehensive immunization programs for infants, children, adolescents and adults
- Recognize and provide appropriate treatment for sexually transmitted diseases
- Effectively utilize pharmacology guidelines and prescription drug management strategies
- Apply improved clinical understanding to effectively communicate diagnosis and treatment options to patients and/or caregivers
- Translate evidence-based clinical guidelines discussed to practice of Family Medicine