“…I believe it is a ‘great course’” * “I feel [the course] helped me pass.” *
The Osler Institute has over thirty years of experience in preparing physicians for their board examinations.
We can help you today.
A survey of Osler participants shows significantly higher pass rates for Osler students compared with those who did not take our course. The difference in pass rates is difficult to explain away by self-selection in attendance over-representing those who would have passed without taking the Osler course.
“Osler gives … unfair advantage” said a Board Trustee. “He’s wrong and right,” reported an Osler participant who heard the trustee’s comment. “The course does give candidates an advantage – but it’s not unfair.” This student had failed his boards before taking the Osler course but told us that he passed easily after doing the course. “This time didn’t even feel like an exam. It was like having a discussion with a colleague.”
The Osler course can work for you too.
- Increase basic knowledge and clinical skills
- Prepare candidates for written board exams
- Provide practicing physicians with a review and update
- Home study questions with answers and review
- Seminar with Powerpoints and lecture-note syllabus
- Practice test for your written exam
Recorded live at our Plastic Surgery review course held September 16 -19, 2016. Audio and accompanying presentations streamed to your phone, tablet, or computer.Learn More
Designation: The Osler Institute designates this live activity for a maximum of 30 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course will be held at: Holiday Inn Express, Scottsdale North
Hone your critical reasoning and communication skills in an intensive 3-day mock oral review course designed to help you zero in on what is most clinically relevant for diagnosis, surgical approach, and case management in all essential areas of plastic surgery. It is also an opportunity to review and revise your case books. Participants and faculty review face-to-face in a 25-minute simulation of the oral board process followed by faculty critique and audience response; 2-4 cases are reviewed in each 30 minute session. Participants will observe a total of 40 to 80 cases per day. Reviews are followed by questions regarding data gathering and image interpretation, diagnosis, treatment, technical aspects, and outcome. Participants learn by doing and by observing other participants’ exams. In private mock oral sessions, participants can choose to review their own case books or unknown cases presented by the examiner.
Course fees include you doing two half-hour, public mock oral exams and one half-hour, private mock oral exam to review your case books. Participants may purchase additional public or private mock oral sessions; however, faculty availability may be limited within two weeks of the course. Please contact the Osler office prior to that time to insure availability.
Plastic Surgery Orals: A Suggested Plan of Attack provides a comprehensive system to prepare for the final step in board certification. It offers guidelines for the preparation of personalized study sheets as well as a focused, board oriented review of the most pertinent information on core plastic surgery topics. It is organized by the main categories of board In addition to a streamlined review of relevant topics, the book also offers a reliable system for presenting practical, safe answers for plastic surgery oral board examination. In an effective and simple way the book suggests a board oriented mantra of how to organize your thought process, keep your wits about you and maintain algorithmic clarity in your presentation, which is critical on this fast paced oral examination.
Author: Wellington Davis III
*Note that product is not eligible for international shipments.
This powerful, results-oriented study guide delivers everything you need to improve knowledge, confidence, and recall. Featuring a rigorous quick-hit Q&A format consisting of short clinical questions with concise answers, this is truly your most effective weapon when preparing for plastic surgery in-service and board exams.
The unique question and single-answer format of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Board Review, 2e eliminates the guesswork associated with traditional multiple-choice Q&A reviews and reinforces only the answers you need to know on exam day. This high-yield review is the perfect complement to larger texts and delivers an intense, streamlined review in the days and weeks before the exam.
- 18 NEW CHAPTERS, including ones on liposuction, otoplasty, facial augmentation, head and neck reconstruction, and melanoma
- Over 100 illustrations and images, including important surgical techniques
- Thoroughly updated by a nationwide team of expert contributors
- 6000+ rapid-fire questions cover all the core competencies on the plastic surgery board exam
AESTHETIC SURGERY ** BREAST ** HAND AND EXTREMITIES ** HEAD AND NECK ** INTEGUMENT ** PEDIATRICS ** RECONSTRUCTION ** GENERAL TOPICS
Authors: Samuel J. Lin, MD, FACS, John B. Hijjawi, MD, FACS
- Lodging charges are not included in the registration fee. If not staying under the Osler room block at the course hotel there is a per day charge to cover the cost of the meeting space, food and beverage package plus associated fees and taxes; costs may vary by location. Said costs are all included in the Osler room block rate along with applicable room taxes.
- Cancellation Policy: Subject to a $100 fee, refunds will be made for cancellations received at least 14 days before the course begins.