“…I believe it is a ‘great course’” * “I feel [the course] helped me pass.” *
The Osler Institute has over thirty years of experience in preparing physicians for their board examinations. We can help you today.
A survey of Osler participants shows significantly higher pass rates for Osler students compared with those who did not take our course.
The difference in pass rates is difficult to explain away by self-selection in attendance over-representing those who would have passed without taking the Osler course.
“Osler gives … unfair advantage” said a Board Trustee. “He’s wrong and right,” reported an Osler participant who heard the trustee’s comment. “The course does give candidates an advantage – but it’s not unfair.” This student had failed his boards before taking the Osler course but told us that he passed easily after doing the course. “This time didn’t even feel like an exam. It was like having a discussion with a colleague.”
The Osler course can work for you too.
- Increase basic knowledge and clinical skills
- Prepare candidates for written board exams
- Provide practicing physicians with a review and update
- Home study questions with answers and review
- Seminar with Powerpoints and lecture-note syllabus
- Practice test for your written exam
2019 Dates and Location To Be Announced
CME on Your Terms – The Osler Institute utilized state of the art equipment to record our Live February 2018 comprehensive Colorectal Surgery Review Course and bring it to you! These Video/Audio files are stored “in the cloud” so you can stream them anywhere, anytime, as long as you have an internet connection, watch or listen to on your phone, computer – your learning experience is almost like being at the live activity, but without travel costs and time away from your practice. Included with each Online review is an electronic downloadable copy of the syllabus that corresponds to the Video/Audio lectures.Learn More
Early Bird Special, Save 10% on Registration fee until August 20
Designation: The Osler Institute designates this live activity for a maximum of 10 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course will be held at: A location yet to be determined
Hone your critical reasoning and evaluation skills in an intensive 1-day case review course designed to help you zero in on what is most clinically relevant for diagnosis, operative, and non-operative treatment approaches, and case management in all essential areas of Colorectal Surgery. The course covers standard of care relevant cases utilizing a half-hour public mock oral exam format. Participants and faculty review one-on-one in a 25-minute simulation of the oral board process in which the faculty asks questions about Colorectal Surgery case management followed by a critique and audience response; 2-4 cases are reviewed in each 30-minute session for a total of 40 to 80 case reviews per day. Course fees include participating in one public mock oral session and observing others being examined. Learn from doing and from observing others. Participants may purchase additional public or private mock oral sessions, however, availability and topics may be limited within two weeks of the course. Please contact the Osler office prior to that time to ensure availability.
- Anorectal conditions
- Colorectal and anal tumors
- Endoscopy of the colon and rectum
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Laparoscopic colon resection
- Physiologic testing
- Lodging charges are not included in the registration fee. If not staying under the Osler room block at the course hotel there is a per day charge to cover the cost of the meeting space, food and beverage package plus associated fees and taxes; costs may vary by location. Said costs are all included in the Osler room block rate along with applicable room taxes.
- Cancellation Policy: Subject to a $100 fee, refunds will be made for cancellations received at least 14 days before the course begins.