“…I believe it is a ‘great course’” * “I feel [the course] helped me pass.” *
The Osler Institute has over thirty years of experience in preparing physicians for their board examinations. We can help you today.
A survey of Osler participants shows significantly higher pass rates for Osler students compared with those who did not take our course.
The difference in pass rates is difficult to explain away by self-selection in attendance over-representing those who would have passed without taking the Osler course.
“Osler gives … unfair advantage” said a Board Trustee. “He’s wrong and right,” reported an Osler participant who heard the trustee’s comment. “The course does give candidates an advantage – but it’s not unfair.” This student had failed his boards before taking the Osler course but told us that he passed easily after doing the course. “This time didn’t even feel like an exam. It was like having a discussion with a colleague.”
The Osler course can work for you too.
- Increase basic knowledge and clinical skills
- Prepare candidates for written board exams
- Provide practicing physicians with a review and update
- Home study questions with answers and review
- Seminar with Powerpoints and lecture-note syllabus
- Practice test for your written exam
2019 Dates and Location To Be Announced
CME on Your Terms – The Osler Institute utilized state of the art equipment to record our Live September 2018 comprehensive Neurology Review Course. These Video/Audio files are stored “in the cloud” so you can stream them anywhere, anytime, as long as you have an internet connection, watch or listen to on your phone, computer or tablet. This comprehensive review is designed to help you pass your Neurology board exams as well as to update your clinical knowledge base. Emphasis is on evidence-based medicine and board-relevant standards of care, incorporating new concepts and treatments. The course includes lectures that review the entire field of Neurology. As a result, it provides a good review for the ABPN written exams or for physicians in practice wanting a thorough update. The course includes didactic lectures, discussion of clinical vignettes, embedded questions for discussion at the end of each topic and dedicated question and answer sessions. Emphasis is on evidence-based medicine and board-relevant standards of care incorporating new concepts, guidelines, and treatments. Included with each online review is an electronic downloadable copy of the syllabus that corresponds to the Video/Audio lectures for your use while viewing or as a free-standing study or clinical practice guide.Learn More
Now in a fully revised and updated Second Edition, Practical Neurology Visual Review previously known as (Practical Neurology DVD Review) continues to be a powerful educational tool for mastering the clinical practice of neurologic diagnosis. The book opens new venues for teaching and learning the essentials of neurology by utilizing an interactive patient-based audiovisual electronic format.
Discover today’s most practical guide to neurologic diagnosis.
• C-based format includes 131 real-world scenarios to sharpen readers’ critical thinking and diagnostic skills.
• Over 370 multiple-choice questions reinforce essential knowledge.
• Over 130 online video clips address common and unusual neurologic presentations.
• Principles of bedside neurology include description and localization of findings, differential diagnosis, evaluation, management, and counseling.
NEW to the Second Edition…
• Full-color design facilitates visual learning.
• 50 new Cs from two institutions provide new diagnostic challenges.
• Additional diagnostic images highlight critical pathologic features.
• QR codes located in the print book allow easy access to videos via any smartphone or tablet QR reader
• Companion website features digital interactive Cpresentations
• Presentations by expert instructors ensure clear and accurate descriptions of neurologic conditions, their signs, and symptoms.
Authors: JosÃ© Biller MD, FACP, FAAN, FAHA, Alberto Espay MD
- Lodging charges are not included in the registration fee. If not staying under the Osler room block at the course hotel there is a per day charge to cover the cost of the meeting space, food and beverage package plus associated fees and taxes; costs may vary by location. Said costs are all included in the Osler room block rate along with applicable room taxes.
- Cancellation Policy: Subject to a $100 fee, refunds will be made for cancellations received at least 14 days before the course begins.