“…I believe it is a ‘great course’” * “I feel [the course] helped me pass.” *
The Osler Institute has over thirty years of experience in preparing physicians for their board examinations. We can help you today.
A survey of Osler participants shows significantly higher pass rates for Osler students compared with those who did not take our course.
The difference in pass rates is difficult to explain away by self-selection in attendance over-representing those who would have passed without taking the Osler course.
“Osler gives … unfair advantage” said a Board Trustee. “He’s wrong and right,” reported an Osler participant who heard the trustee’s comment. “The course does give candidates an advantage – but it’s not unfair.” This student had failed his boards before taking the Osler course but told us that he passed easily after doing the course. “This time didn’t even feel like an exam. It was like having a discussion with a colleague.”
The Osler course can work for you too.
- Increase basic knowledge and clinical skills
- Prepare candidates for written board exams
- Provide practicing physicians with a review and update
- Home study questions with answers and review
- Seminar with Powerpoints and lecture-note syllabus
- Practice test for your written exam
Designation: The Osler Institute designates this Live activity for a maximum of 27 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology has reviewed The Osler Institute “Neurology MOC Review” (awarding 27 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ and self-assessment 8.0AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) and has approved the program as part of a comprehensive self-assessment program, which is mandated by the ABMS as a necessary component of Maintenance of Certification.
This course will be held at: Holiday Inn Chicago Oak Brook
This comprehensive review is designed to update your clinical knowledge base as well as to help you pass your Neurology MOC exam. Emphasis is on evidence-based medicine and board-relevant standards of care, incorporating new concepts and treatments. Many of our previous participants found the course provided them with improved diagnostic and testing strategies, a better understanding of all major disease entities in neurology, and helped them recognize specific weaknesses for further self-study. The 3-day course includes didactic lectures with review questions, esyllabus (containing all PowerPoint® presentations), and designated Q&A sessions. All participants will also receive an online self-assessment test to use for their own edification; the latter must be completed and submitted to Osler in order to receive self-assessment credits.
Pediatric Neurology ** Anterior Horn Cell ** Myopathies ** Neuromuscular Junction ** Dementia ** Aphasia Ataxia and Localization ** Cerebral Spinal Fluid ** Epilepsy ** Sleep and Sleep Disorders ** Focal Neuropathies ** Peripheral Neuropathies ** Spinal Cord Compression ** Movement Disorders ** MS and Demyelinating Diseases ** Neurological Emergencies ** Headache ** Infections and AIDS ** Coma ** Neurogenetics ** Inborn Errors of Metabolism ** Neurocutaneous Disorders ** Acute Stroke ** Stroke Prevention ** Intracranial Hemorrhage ** Stroke Syndromes ** Seizure and Status Emergency
CME on Your Terms – The Osler Institute utilized state of the art equipment to record our Live October 2016 comprehensive Neurology MOC Review Course and bring it to you! These audio files are stored “in the cloud” so you can stream them anywhere, anytime, as long as you have an internet connection – your learning experience is almost like being at the live activity, but without travel costs and time away from your practice.
Offering CME and Self-Assessment credit toward Part 2 of the ABPN MOC program. Check out the preview below.Learn More
Learn on the go – with nearly 51 hours of material recorded at our live review courses. The Osler Institute utilizes state of the art equipment to record each of our review courses. Then, based on participant feedback, compiles a set of lectures including the top ranked speakers for each of the topics covered. Each USB Drive includes the lectures in MP3 format – listen to on your phone, computer, or load onto your MP3 player.
Topics Covered: Neuroanatomy ** Neuromuscular Junction ** Anterior Horn Cell ** Peripheral Neuropathy ** MS and Demyelinating Diseases ** Muscle Disease and Myopathies ** Focal Neuropathies ** Spine and Spinal Cord ** Neuro-ophthalmology ** Psychopharmacology ** Substance Abuse ** Psychiatric Disorders ** Psychotherapy and Misc Topics ** Aphasia Apraxia and Agnosia ** Headache and Pain ** Dementia ** Neuropathology ** Infections Developmental Disorders ** Neurodegenerative Metabolic Disorders ** Vertigo and Hearing Loss ** Ischemic Stroke ** Intracranial Hemorrhage ** Neurology in the Nursery ** Neurologic Disorders of Infancy ** Neuro Oncology Review ** Neurocutaneous Disorders ** Neurogenetics ** Epilepsy and EEG ** Neurochemistry and Neurotransmitters ** Stroke Prevention ** Stroke Syndromes ** Localization ** Movement Disorders ** Neurotoxicology ** Critical Care for Stroke ** Neuro Critical Care ** Neuroimaging
The 2nd Edition of Comprehensive Review in Clinical Neurology offers clear explanations of complex concepts in an easily understandable format – all while helping you digest large amounts of information quickly and easily.
- More than 100 new questions, plus carefully revised existing questions, keep you up to date.
- Now in two-color format for ease of reference and visual interest.
- Questions cover all subjects seen on the board exam, and can be easily studied by topic for targeted review.
- Detailed rationales for all answers help you assess your knowledge and understand why an answer is correct or incorrect.
- Most questions are case-based, reflecting plausible clinical scenarios that facilitate maximum learning.
- Diagrams, images, and electrophysiologic and pathology findings highlight key points.
- Perfect for medical students and junior residents beginning their neurology education, senior neurology residents and fellows studying for the neurology board examination, and staff physicians reviewing for MOC exams.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
Cranial Nerves and Neuro-ophthalmology ** Vascular Neurology ** Neurocritical Care ** Headache ** Adult and Pediatric ** Epilepsy and Sleep ** Movement Disorders ** Neuroimmunology ** Neuro-oncology ** Neuromuscular I (Neurophysiology, Plexopathy, and Neuropathy) ** Neuromuscular II (Adult and Pediatric Muscle, Autonomic Nervous System, and Neuromuscular Junction Disorders)
Neuromuscular III ** (Disorders of the Spinal Cord and Motor Neurons)
Cognitive and Behavioral Neurology ** Psychiatry ** Child Neurology ** Infectious Diseases of the Nervous System ** Neurologic Complications of Systemic Diseases and Pregnancy ** Nutritional and Toxic Disorders of the Nervous System Index
Authors: Esteban Cheng-Ching MD, Lama Chahine MD, Eric P. Baron DO, Alexander Rae-Grant MD
Now in a fully revised and updated Second Edition, Practical Neurology Visual Review previously known as (Practical Neurology DVD Review) continues to be a powerful educational tool for mastering the clinical practice of neurologic diagnosis. The book opens new venues for teaching and learning the essentials of neurology by utilizing an interactive patient-based audiovisual electronic format.
Discover today’s most practical guide to neurologic diagnosis.
• C-based format includes 131 real-world scenarios to sharpen readers’ critical thinking and diagnostic skills.
• Over 370 multiple-choice questions reinforce essential knowledge.
• Over 130 online video clips address common and unusual neurologic presentations.
• Principles of bedside neurology include description and localization of findings, differential diagnosis, evaluation, management, and counseling.
NEW to the Second Edition…
• Full-color design facilitates visual learning.
• 50 new Cs from two institutions provide new diagnostic challenges.
• Additional diagnostic images highlight critical pathologic features.
• QR codes located in the print book allow easy access to videos via any smartphone or tablet QR reader
• Companion website features digital interactive Cpresentations
• Presentations by expert instructors ensure clear and accurate descriptions of neurologic conditions, their signs, and symptoms.
NEUROMUSCULAR DISORDERS ** SPINAL CORD DISORDERS ** BEHAVIORAL NEUROLOGY ** CEREBROVASCULAR DISORDERS ** MOVEMENT DISORDERS ** EREBELLAR DISORDERS ** DEMYELINATING DISORDERS ** NEURO-OPHTHALMOLOGY ** NEUROINFECTIOUS ** NEURO-OTOLOGY ** NUTRITIONAL/METABOLIC ** HEADACHES/PAIN ** EPILEPSY AND SPELLS ** SLEEP MEDICINE ** GAIT DISORDERS ** NEURO-ONCOLOGY ** EUROLOGICAL EMERGENCIES/URGENCIES ** BORDERLAND BETWEEN NEUROLOGY AND PSYCHIATRY ** BORDERLAND BETWEEN NEUROLOGY AND MEDICINE ** CLINICOPATHOLOGICCORRELATIONS
Authors: JosÃ© Biller MD, FACP, FAAN, FAHA, Alberto Espay MD
Why waste time guessing at what you need to know for the neurology board exam? Maximize your exam preparation time with this quick-hit question and answer review. The unique question and single-answer format eliminates the guesswork associated with traditional multiple-choice Q&A reviews and reinforces only the correct answers you’ll need to know on exam day. Emphasis is placed on distilling key facts and clinical pearls essential for exam success. Great for certification and re-certification, this high-yield review for the boards is the perfect compliment to larger texts for intense, streamlined review in the days and weeks before your exam.
BASIC NEUROPHYSIOLOGY AND NEUROTRANSMISSION ** BEHAVIORAL NEUROLOGY ** CEREBRAL VASCULAR DISEASE (SECTION 1) ** CEREBRAL VASCULAR DISEASE (SECTION 2) ** CONNECTIVE TISSUE, INFLAMMATORY AND DEMYELINATING DISORDERS ** AUTOIMMUNE AND DEMYELINATING DISORDERS ** EMERGENCY NEUROLOGY AND CRITICAL CARE ** HEADACHE PAIN ** MOVEMENT DISORDERS ** NEURO-OTOLOGY ** NEURO-ONCOLOGY ** NEURO-OPHTHALMOLOGY ** NEUROANATOMY ** DISEASES ** NEUROMUSCULAR DISEASE AND NEUROMUSCULAR EMERGENCIES ** NEUROPATHOLOGY ** NEUROPHARMACOLOGY ** CLINICAL NEUROPHYSIOLOGY ** NEUROSURGERY ** PEDIATRIC NEUROLOGY ** SLEEP DISORDERS ** CORD DISORDERS ** EPILEPSY ** METABOLIC DISORDERS ** NEUROGENETIC DISORDERS ** NEURORADIOLOGY ** PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY
Authors: Michael Labanowski, MD, Nicholas Lorenzo, MD
- Lodging charges are not included in the registration fee. If not staying under the Osler room block at the course hotel there is a per day charge to cover the cost of the meeting space, food and beverage package plus associated fees and taxes; costs may vary by location. Said costs are all included in the Osler room block rate along with applicable room taxes.
- Cancellation Policy: Subject to a $100 fee, refunds will be made for cancellations received at least 14 days before the course begins.