“…I believe it is a ‘great course’” * “I feel [the course] helped me pass.” *
The Osler Institute has over thirty years of experience in preparing physicians for their board examinations. We can help you today.
A survey of Osler participants shows significantly higher pass rates for Osler students compared with those who did not take our course.
The difference in pass rates is difficult to explain away by self-selection in attendance over-representing those who would have passed without taking the Osler course.
“Osler gives … unfair advantage” said a Board Trustee. “He’s wrong and right,” reported an Osler participant who heard the trustee’s comment. “The course does give candidates an advantage – but it’s not unfair.” This student had failed his boards before taking the Osler course but told us that he passed easily after doing the course. “This time didn’t even feel like an exam. It was like having a discussion with a colleague.”
The Osler course can work for you too.
- Increase basic knowledge and clinical skills
- Prepare candidates for written and oral board exams
- Provide practicing physicians with a review and update
- Home study questions with answers and review
- Seminar with Powerpoints and lecture-note syllabus
- Practice exams for your written and oral boards
2019 Dates and Location To Be Announced
NOW WITH CME CREDIT!
CME on Your Terms – The Osler Institute utilized state of the art equipment to record our Live September, 2016 comprehensive Family Medicine Review Course and bring it to you! These Video/Audio files are stored “in the cloud” so you can stream them anywhere, anytime, as long as you have an internet connection, watch or listen to on your phone, computer – your learning experience is almost like being at the live activity, but without travel costs and time away from your practice.
Included with each Online review is an electronic downloadable copy of the syllabus that corresponds to the Video/Audio lectures.
Focusing on the topics commonly found on ABFM in-training, board certification, and recertification examinations, The Family Medicine Board Review Book helps you make the most of your study time and achieve exam success. It provides valuable background information on all three AFBM exams and their formats, presents more than 1,800 multiple choice questions for self-assessment, and helps you identify areas that may require further study. Ideal for residents, practicing physicians, and nurse practitioners, this new review tool is an excellent resource for testing your knowledge of the entire field of family medicine.
- Questions are derived from common clinical situations, presented in ABFM-exam format. Explanations support each answer, key points are highlighted throughout, and content is weighted appropriately to the exam.
- Includes an atlas with clinical images and lab smears, reflecting the types of illustrations that are included on the exam.
- Includes CME/CE for physicians who will be sitting for the ABFM recertification exam.
- Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
- Adapt for unique reading needs, supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more
Author: Robert A. Baldor MD
From cover to cover, Fast Facts for the Family Medicine Board Review is designed to help you achieve success on the American Board of Family Medicine exam. This easy-to-use, up-to-date review tool is aligned with the ABFM exam, providing essential information to help you succeed. In every chapter, succinct clinical knowledge is structured to allow immediate practice for testing that knowledge—a proven format for success on medical board exams and in practice.
- Key Features:
Organized according to ABFM exam sections, including Pediatrics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Internal Medicine, Emergency/Surgery, Psychiatry and Geriatrics.
- Content is weighted according to ABFM exam coverage.
The eBook format includes flashcard capability that allows you to quiz yourself easily in either print or electronic formats.
- General and specific guidance on the skill and art of test-taking, as well as the blueprint of the ABFM exam, prepare you for exam day.
- Ideal for family medicine residents, medical students in their family medicine clerkship, and physicians taking the ABFM recertification exam.
- Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
Author: Frank J. Domino MD
ON SALE (While Supplies Last)
This book is a high-yield, targeted, rapid review for the American Board of Family Medicine Certification and Re-certification Examination and the In-training Examination for Family Medicine Residents. Written in the most distilled, concise format, the book highlights certain crucial facts that are consistently used in the development of Board questions, and that candidates should study thoroughly in the last few weeks before the examination. Bratton’s 1000 Facts will help candidates solidify their knowledge base and provide the confidence to perform well on the upcoming examination. It is an ideal companion to Bratton’s Family Medicine Board Review.
Author: Robert L Bratton MD
143 X-Ray’s accompanied by 90 minutes of audio detailing and explaining each slide. Presented by Dr. Jane Benson MD , Assistant Professor of Radiology and Pediatrics.
Why waste time guessing at what you need to know for the family medicine boards and in-service exam? Maximize your exam preparation time with this quick-hit question and answer review. The unique question and single-answer format eliminates the guesswork associated with traditional multiple-choice Q&A reviews and reinforces only the correct answers you’ll need to know on exam day. Emphasis is placed on distilling key facts and clinical pearls essential for exam success. This high-yield review for the family medicine boards is the perfect complement to larger texts and provides intense, streamlined review in the days and weeks before your exam.
- 4,950+ Q&As with only the correct answer provided
- NEW! Chapters on Sports Medicine and Ear, Nose, and Throat
- NEW! Expanded coverage of Environmental, Psycho-social, and Preventative Medicine and Bio-statistics
- Completely updated with more than 30% brand new questions
- Covers all the core competencies relative to the ABFM board exam
- Like flashcards in a book, this is an intense quick-hit Q&A review for the family medicine in-service and board exams and the perfect complement to larger texts
Authors: Cynthia M. Waickus, MD, PhD, William A. Schwer, MD, Scott H. Plantz, MD
- Lodging charges are not included in the registration fee. If not staying under the Osler room block at the course hotel there is a per day charge to cover the cost of the meeting space, food and beverage package plus associated fees and taxes; costs may vary by location. Said costs are all included in the Osler room block rate along with applicable room taxes.
- Cancellation Policy: Subject to a $100 fee, refunds will be made for cancellations received at least 14 days before the course begins.