“…I believe it is a ‘great course’” * “I feel [the course] helped me pass.” *
The Osler Institute has over thirty years of experience in preparing physicians for their board examinations. We can help you today.
A survey of Osler participants shows significantly higher pass rates for Osler students compared with those who did not take our course.
The difference in pass rates is difficult to explain away by self-selection in attendance over-representing those who would have passed without taking the Osler course.
“Osler gives … unfair advantage” said a Board Trustee. “He’s wrong and right,” reported an Osler participant who heard the trustee’s comment. “The course does give candidates an advantage – but it’s not unfair.” This student had failed his boards before taking the Osler course but told us that he passed easily after doing the course. “This time didn’t even feel like an exam. It was like having a discussion with a colleague.”
The Osler course can work for you too.
- Increase basic knowledge and clinical skills
- Prepare candidates for written and oral board exams
- Provide practicing physicians with a review and update
- Home study questions with answers and review
- Seminar with Powerpoints and lecture-note syllabus
- Practice exams for your written and oral boards
NOW WITH CME CREDIT!
CME on Your Terms – The Osler Institute utilized state of the art equipment to record our Live September, 2016 comprehensive Family Medicine Review Course and bring it to you! These Video/Audio files are stored “in the cloud” so you can stream them anywhere, anytime, as long as you have an internet connection, watch or listen to on your phone, computer – your learning experience is almost like being at the live activity, but without travel costs and time away from your practice.
Included with each Online review is an electronic downloadable copy of the syllabus that corresponds to the Video/Audio lectures.
Designation: The Osler Institute designates this Live activity for a maximum of 60 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians for prescribed credit(s). Determination of credit is pending
This course will be held at: HILTON TAMPA AIRPORT WESTSHORE 2225 N LOIS AVE, TAMPA, FLORIDA
This comprehensive review is designed to help you pass your ABFM exams (both initial certification and recertification) as well as to update your clinical knowledge base. Emphasis is on evidence-based medicine and board-relevant standards of care, incorporating new concepts, strategies, and treatments. The six-day didactic course includes lectures that review the entire field of Family Medicine. The course is run in a rapid-fire format to target a larger percentage of the board and practice-relevant information. In addition to the lectures, the course includes a searchable e-syllabus with all PowerPoint® presentations, Q&A examples embedded into each lecture, and several Q& A review sessions. Many of our previous participants found the course provided them with improved diagnostic and testing strategies, a better understanding of all major disease entities relevant to the general practice of Family Medicine and helped them recognize specific areas of knowledge weakness for further self-study.
The Osler Institute is going green and providing our attendees with the latest technology to assist in their review. Each registrant will receive upon arrival at the course, a USB drive with searchable PDF copies of the presentations offered during the review. A printed syllabus can be preordered for a small additional fee.
Cardiovascular -Cardiac Evaluation ** Congenital Heart Diseases ** Valvular Heart Diseases ** Acute Coronary Syndrome ** Myocardial Infarction ** Electrocardiograms ** Cardiac Arrhythmias ** Congestive Heart Failure ** Dyslipidemia ** Anticoagulation Therapy ** Hypertension ** Peripheral Vascular Diseases ** Endocrine - Diabetes Mellitus ** Thyroid Disorders ** Growth Hormone ** Parathyroid and Vitamin D ** Osteoporosis ** Obesity and Eating Disorders ** Adrenal Disorders ** Gonadal Disorders ** Gastrointestinal - Mouth and GERD ** Dyspepsia and Peptic Ulcers ** Helicobacter & Stomach Ca ** Pancreatitis and Cancer ** Liver Disease and Cirrhosis ** Small & Large Bowel Disease ** Acute Abdomen ** Hematologic/Immune - Anemia Diagnosis and Rx ** White Cells and Bleeding ** Immunization and Allergy ** Rheumatic Syndromes ** Integumentary - Pediatric Skin Diseases ** Common Dermatoses ** Dermatologic Infections ** Melanomas and Skin Tumors ** Skin Signs of Other Diseases ** Musculoskeletal - Pediatric Orthopedics ** Common Orthopedic Injuries ** Sports Medicine ** Office Orthopedics ** Shoulder and Hand ** Low Back Problems ** Geriatric Hip Fractures ** Foot and Ankle Problems ** Arthralgias and Gout ** Nephrologic - Acid-base and Electrolytes ** Acute Renal Failure ** Urinary Tract Infections ** Neurologic - Headaches and Dizziness ** Delirium and Dementia ** TIAs and Stroke ** Epilepsy and Parkinson’s ** Muscle & Nerve Diseases ** Nonspecific Systemic Problems - Pain Management ** Trauma Assessment ** Common Infections & FUO ** Antibiotic Choices ** HIV/AIDS and Other STDs ** Cancer Detection ** Fibromyalgia ** Adolescent Medicine - Growth and Development ** Health Maintenance Exams ** Adolescent Gynecology ** Substance Abuse ** Geriatrics - Elder Abuse and Neglect ** in the Elderly ** Sleep and Aging ** Urinary Incontinence ** Geriatric Pharmacology ** Drug Interactions
Designation: The Osler Institute designates this Live activity for a maximum of 18 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course will be held at: A location yet to be determined
This comprehensive review is designed to help you pass your ABFM exams (both initial certification and recertification) as well as to update your clinical knowledge base. Emphasis is on evidence-based medicine and board-relevant standards of care, incorporating new concepts, strategies, and treatments. The six-day didactic course includes lectures that review the entire field of Family Medicine. The course is run in a rapid-fire format to target a larger percentage of the board and practice-relevant information. In addition to the lectures, the course includes a searchable e-syllabus with all PowerPoint® presentations, Q&A examples embedded into each lecture, and several Q&A review sessions. Many of our previous participants found the course provided them with improved diagnostic and testing strategies, a better understanding of all major disease entities relevant to the general practice of Family Medicine and helped them recognize specific areas of knowledge weakness for further self-study.
The Osler Institute is going green and providing our attendees with the latest technology to assist in their review. Each registrant will receive upon arrival at the course, a USB drive with searchable PDF copies of the presentations offered during the review.
- Common Medical Problems
- Infectious Diseases
- Medical Emergencies
- Sports Medicine
- Optimizing Provider Potential
Focusing on the topics commonly found on ABFM in-training, board certification, and recertification examinations, The Family Medicine Board Review Book helps you make the most of your study time and achieve exam success. It provides valuable background information on all three AFBM exams and their formats, presents more than 1,800 multiple choice questions for self-assessment, and helps you identify areas that may require further study. Ideal for residents, practicing physicians, and nurse practitioners, this new review tool is an excellent resource for testing your knowledge of the entire field of family medicine.
- Questions are derived from common clinical situations, presented in ABFM-exam format. Explanations support each answer, key points are highlighted throughout, and content is weighted appropriately to the exam.
- Includes an atlas with clinical images and lab smears, reflecting the types of illustrations that are included on the exam.
- Includes CME/CE for physicians who will be sitting for the ABFM recertification exam.
- Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
- Adapt for unique reading needs, supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more
Author: Robert A. Baldor MD
From cover to cover, Fast Facts for the Family Medicine Board Review is designed to help you achieve success on the American Board of Family Medicine exam. This easy-to-use, up-to-date review tool is aligned with the ABFM exam, providing essential information to help you succeed. In every chapter, succinct clinical knowledge is structured to allow immediate practice for testing that knowledge—a proven format for success on medical board exams and in practice.
- Key Features:
Organized according to ABFM exam sections, including Pediatrics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Internal Medicine, Emergency/Surgery, Psychiatry and Geriatrics.
- Content is weighted according to ABFM exam coverage.
The eBook format includes flashcard capability that allows you to quiz yourself easily in either print or electronic formats.
- General and specific guidance on the skill and art of test-taking, as well as the blueprint of the ABFM exam, prepare you for exam day.
- Ideal for family medicine residents, medical students in their family medicine clerkship, and physicians taking the ABFM recertification exam.
- Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
Author: Frank J. Domino MD
Prepare for your ABFM boards – find your weak spots and eliminate them now! Handy in print and as an eBook, Bratton’s Family Medicine Board Review is the essential practice test for those facing the ABFM exams. Opening with the basic requirements of the ABFM Board certification process, it provides crucial background information on all three AFBM exams and their formats, describes a typical exam day, and offers excellent test-taking advice—taking the mystery out of the exam process.
- 1,800 multiple-choice questions drawn from common clinical situations, presented in ABFM-exam format
- Detailed explanation supporting each answer
- Key points highlighted throughout
- Additional reading suggestions after each correct answer
- Pictorial atlas offers clinical photographs and lab smears
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search tool that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
- Interactive Q&A with more than 1,800 questions
Author: Robert A. Baldor MD
ON SALE (While Supplies Last)
This book is a high-yield, targeted, rapid review for the American Board of Family Medicine Certification and Re-certification Examination and the In-training Examination for Family Medicine Residents. Written in the most distilled, concise format, the book highlights certain crucial facts that are consistently used in the development of Board questions, and that candidates should study thoroughly in the last few weeks before the examination. Bratton’s 1000 Facts will help candidates solidify their knowledge base and provide the confidence to perform well on the upcoming examination. It is an ideal companion to Bratton’s Family Medicine Board Review.
Author: Robert L Bratton MD
143 X-Ray’s accompanied by 90 minutes of audio detailing and explaining each slide. Presented by Dr. Jane Benson MD , Assistant Professor of Radiology and Pediatrics.
Why waste time guessing at what you need to know for the family medicine boards and in-service exam? Maximize your exam preparation time with this quick-hit question and answer review. The unique question and single-answer format eliminates the guesswork associated with traditional multiple-choice Q&A reviews and reinforces only the correct answers you’ll need to know on exam day. Emphasis is placed on distilling key facts and clinical pearls essential for exam success. This high-yield review for the family medicine boards is the perfect complement to larger texts and provides intense, streamlined review in the days and weeks before your exam.
- 4,950+ Q&As with only the correct answer provided
- NEW! Chapters on Sports Medicine and Ear, Nose, and Throat
- NEW! Expanded coverage of Environmental, Psycho-social, and Preventative Medicine and Bio-statistics
- Completely updated with more than 30% brand new questions
- Covers all the core competencies relative to the ABFM board exam
- Like flashcards in a book, this is an intense quick-hit Q&A review for the family medicine in-service and board exams and the perfect complement to larger texts
Authors: Cynthia M. Waickus, MD, PhD, William A. Schwer, MD, Scott H. Plantz, MD
- Lodging charges are not included in the registration fee. If not staying under the Osler room block at the course hotel there is a per day charge to cover the cost of the meeting space, food and beverage package plus associated fees and taxes; costs may vary by location. Said costs are all included in the Osler room block rate along with applicable room taxes.
- Cancellation Policy: Subject to a $100 fee, refunds will be made for cancellations received at least 14 days before the course begins.