“…I believe it is a ‘great course’” * “I feel [the course] helped me pass.” *
The Osler Institute has over thirty years of experience in preparing physicians for their board examinations. We can help you today.
A survey of Osler participants shows significantly higher pass rates for Osler students compared with those who did not take our course.
The difference in pass rates is difficult to explain away by self-selection in attendance over-representing those who would have passed without taking the Osler course.
“Osler gives … unfair advantage” said a Board Trustee. “He’s wrong and right,” reported an Osler participant who heard the trustee’s comment. “The course does give candidates an advantage – but it’s not unfair.” This student had failed his boards before taking the Osler course but told us that he passed easily after doing the course. “This time didn’t even feel like an exam. It was like having a discussion with a colleague.”
The Osler course can work for you too.
- Increase basic knowledge and clinical skills
- Prepare candidates for written and oral board exams
- Provide practicing physicians with a review and update
- Home study questions with answers and review
- Seminar with Powerpoints and lecture-note syllabus
- Practice exams for your written and oral boards
NOW WITH CME CREDIT!
CME on Your Terms – The Osler Institute utilized state of the art equipment to record our Live September, 2016 comprehensive Family Medicine Review Course and bring it to you! These audio files are stored “in the cloud” so you can stream them anywhere, anytime, as long as you have an internet connection – your learning experience is almost like being at the live activity, but without travel costs and time away from your practice.
Designation: The Osler Institute designates this Live activity for a maximum of 60 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAFP/ACCME Category I credits are also available; the number of credits varies by course.
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.
This course will be held at: Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore
Cardiovascular -Cardiac Evaluation ** Congenital Heart Diseases ** Valvular Heart Diseases ** Acute Coronary Syndrome ** Myocardial Infarction ** Electrocardiograms ** Cardiac Arrhythmias ** Congestive Heart Failure ** Dyslipidemia ** Anticoagulation Therapy ** Hypertension ** Peripheral Vascular Diseases ** Endocrine - Diabetes Mellitus ** Thyroid Disorders ** Growth Hormone ** Parathyroid and Vitamin D ** Osteoporosis ** Obesity and Eating Disorders ** Adrenal Disorders ** Gonadal Disorders ** Gastrointestinal - Mouth and GERD ** Dyspepsia and Peptic Ulcers ** Helicobacter & Stomach Ca ** Pancreatitis and Cancer ** Liver Disease and Cirrhosis ** Small & Large Bowel Disease ** Acute Abdomen ** Hematologic/Immune - Anemia Diagnosis and Rx ** White Cells and Bleeding ** Immunization and Allergy ** Rheumatic Syndromes ** Integumentary - Pediatric Skin Diseases ** Common Dermatoses ** Dermatologic Infections ** Melanomas and Skin Tumors ** Skin Signs of Other Diseases ** Musculoskeletal - Pediatric Orthopedics ** Common Orthopedic Injuries ** Sports Medicine ** Office Orthopedics ** Shoulder and Hand ** Low Back Problems ** Geriatric Hip Fractures ** Foot and Ankle Problems ** Arthralgias and Gout ** Nephrologic - Acid-base and Electrolytes ** Acute Renal Failure ** Urinary Tract Infections ** Neurologic - Headaches and Dizziness ** Delirium and Dementia ** TIAs and Stroke ** Epilepsy and Parkinson’s ** Muscle & Nerve Diseases ** Nonspecific Systemic Problems - Pain Management ** Trauma Assessment ** Common Infections & FUO ** Antibiotic Choices ** HIV/AIDS and Other STDs ** Cancer Detection ** Fibromyalgia ** Adolescent Medicine - Growth and Development ** Health Maintenance Exams ** Adolescent Gynecology ** Substance Abuse ** Geriatrics - Elder Abuse and Neglect ** in the Elderly ** Sleep and Aging ** Urinary Incontinence ** Geriatric Pharmacology ** Drug Interactions
Prepare for your ABFM boards – find your weak spots and eliminate them now! Handy in print and as an eBook, Bratton’s Family Medicine Board Review is the essential practice test for those facing the ABFM exams. Opening with the basic requirements of the ABFM Board certification process, it provides crucial background information on all three AFBM exams and their formats, describes a typical exam day, and offers excellent test-taking advice—taking the mystery out of the exam process.
- 1,800 multiple-choice questions drawn from common clinical situations, presented in ABFM-exam format
- Detailed explanation supporting each answer
- Key points highlighted throughout
- Additional reading suggestions after each correct answer
- Pictorial atlas offers clinical photographs and lab smears
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search tool that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
- Interactive Q&A with more than 1,800 questions
Author: Robert A. Baldor MD
This book is a high-yield, targeted, rapid review for the American Board of Family Medicine Certification and Re-certification Examination and the In-training Examination for Family Medicine Residents. Written in the most distilled, concise format, the book highlights certain crucial facts that are consistently used in the development of Board questions, and that candidates should study thoroughly in the last few weeks before the examination. Bratton’s 1000 Facts will help candidates solidify their knowledge base and provide the confidence to perform well on the upcoming examination. It is an ideal companion to Bratton’s Family Medicine Board Review.
Author: Robert L Bratton MD
Why waste time guessing at what you need to know for the family medicine boards and in-service exam? Maximize your exam preparation time with this quick-hit question and answer review. The unique question and single-answer format eliminates the guesswork associated with traditional multiple-choice Q&A reviews and reinforces only the correct answers you’ll need to know on exam day. Emphasis is placed on distilling key facts and clinical pearls essential for exam success. This high-yield review for the family medicine boards is the perfect complement to larger texts and provides intense, streamlined review in the days and weeks before your exam.
- 4,950+ Q&As with only the correct answer provided
- NEW! Chapters on Sports Medicine and Ear, Nose, and Throat
- NEW! Expanded coverage of Environmental, Psycho-social, and Preventative Medicine and Bio-statistics
- Completely updated with more than 30% brand new questions
- Covers all the core competencies relative to the ABFM board exam
- Like flashcards in a book, this is an intense quick-hit Q&A review for the family medicine in-service and board exams and the perfect complement to larger texts
Introductions** Cardiovascular ** Pulmonary ** Gastrointestinal ** Metabolic and Endocrine ** Neurology ** Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology ** Infectious Disease ** Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy ** Genitourinary ** Environmental Medicine ** Hematology and Oncology ** Dermatology ** Obstetrics/Gynecology ** General Surgery and Trauma ** Ophthalmology ** Ear, Nose, and Throat ** Orthopedics ** Sports Medicine ** Pediatrics ** Geriatrics ** Behavioral Sciences ** Radiology ** Preventative Medicine and Bio-statistics
Authors: Cynthia M. Waickus, MD, PhD, William A. Schwer, MD, Scott H. Plantz, MD
143 X-Ray’s accompanied by 90 minutes of audio detailing and explaining each slide. Presented by Dr. Jane Benson MD , Assistant Professor of Radiology and Pediatrics.
- Lodging charges are not included in the registration fee. If not staying under the Osler room block at the course hotel there is a per day charge to cover the cost of the meeting space, food and beverage package plus associated fees and taxes; costs may vary by location. Said costs are all included in the Osler room block rate along with applicable room taxes.
- Cancellation Policy: Subject to a $100 fee, refunds will be made for cancellations received at least 14 days before the course begins.