Surgical Critical Care
“…I believe it is a ‘great course’” * “I feel [the course] helped me pass.” *
The Osler Institute has over thirty years of experience in preparing physicians for their board examinations.
We can help you today.
A survey of Osler participants shows significantly higher pass rates for Osler students compared with those who did not take our course. The difference in pass rates is difficult to explain away by self-selection in attendance over-representing those who would have passed without taking the Osler course.
“Osler gives … unfair advantage” said a Board Trustee. “He’s wrong and right,” reported an Osler participant who heard the trustee’s comment. “The course does give candidates an advantage – but it’s not unfair.” This student had failed his boards before taking the Osler course but told us that he passed easily after doing the course. “This time didn’t even feel like an exam. It was like having a discussion with a colleague.”
The Osler course can work for you too.
- Increase basic knowledge and clinical skills
- Prepare candidates for written board exams
- Provide practicing physicians with a review and update
- Home study questions with answers and review
- Seminar with Powerpoints and lecture-note syllabus
- Practice test for your written exam
Now with CME credit!!
Recorded live at our Surgical Critical Care review course held August 12th -14th, 2016. Audio and accompanying presentations streamed to your phone, tablet, or desktop.Learn More
This is a unique question-and-answer book for surgical residents and trainees, concentrating on the growing sub-specialty of surgery in critical care and emergency surgery. This book covers all surgical aspects of critical care and acute or emergency surgery, making it an ideal learning and review text for surgical trainees and those professionals specializing in these fields.
Authors: Forrest O. Moore (Editor), Peter M. Rhee (Editor), Samuel A. Tisherman (Editor), Gerard J. Fulda (Editor)
Ideally suited for students in critical care rotations and residents, this concise, practical handbook presents the essentials of medical and surgical critical care in an easy-to-read format. The authors succinctly explain the pathophysiology underlying clinical disorders and the key principles of diagnosis and patient management, emphasizing cost-effective approaches.
The Fourth Edition includes Controversies in Critical Care boxes in many chapters, which briefly summarize opposing arguments on controversial points. Other highlights include enhanced discussion of CT for abdominal disorders, new ACLS guidelines, and new material on removable IVC filters, interventional radiologic techniques for GI bleeding, and use of vascular ultrasound.
- NEW: Controversies in Critical Care boxes
- NEW: Enhanced discussion of CT for abdominal disorders
- NEW: Updated ACLS guidelines
- NEW: New material on removable IVC filters
- NEW: New material on interventional radiologic techniques for GI bleeding
- NEW: New material on use of vascular ultrasound
- Clear, simple line drawings illustrate concepts
- Concise, easy to read chapters
- Consistently written, with little redundancy
- Covers all aspects of critical care
- Strong on pathophysiologic basis of illness and treatment
Section I: TECHNIQUES AND METHODS IN CRITICAL CARE
Section II: MEDICAL AND SURGICAL CRISES
Authors: John J. Marini MD, Arthur P. Wheeler MD
- Lodging charges are not included in the registration fee. If not staying under the Osler room block at the course hotel there is a per day charge to cover the cost of the meeting space, food and beverage package plus associated fees and taxes; costs may vary by location. Said costs are all included in the Osler room block rate along with applicable room taxes.
- Cancellation Policy: Subject to a $100 fee, refunds will be made for cancellations received at least 14 days before the course begins.