Access to recorded one-on-one Mock Oral sessions (volunteer and Faculty) high yield topic videos. This course will help you improve your critical reasoning and evaluation as well as communication skills in an intensive case review course designed to help you zero in on what is most clinically relevant for diagnosis, surgical approach, and case management in all essential areas of Vascular Surgery. The course covers standard of care relevant cases utilizing a mock oral exam format. We’ve recorded virtual one-on-one mock oral sessions between individual volunteers and our best Faculty covering all required topic areas to bring them to you. When you register for our virtual mock oral course, you receive access to stream the entire recorded course (16 hours)
Sandip T. Maru MD, FACS, RPVI
Chief of Vascular Surgery
Holyoke Medical Center, MA
Trissa Babrowski, MD, FACS, RPVI
Assistant Professor of Vascular Surgery
University of Chicago
Peter Lin MD
Professor Emeritus of Surgery
Baylor College of Medicine
Chandu Vemuri MD, FACS
Assistant Professor Vascular Surgery
University of Michigan
Kuldeep Singh MD, RPVI, FACS
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
Director, Inpatient Vascular Laboratory
Associate Program Director
Assistant Professor of Surgery
Staten Island University Hospital Northwell-Hofstra University School of Medicine
Ahmed Mahmoud, MD
Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery Program & Director, Residency Program
University of California, Riverside
The Osler Institute designates this Other activity (recorded case reviews) for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Osler Institute is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Oral Course Surgical Topic Areas Covered: Cerebrovascular Diseases Aortic Artery Aneurysm
Atherosclerosis Thoracic Aorta Dissection
Carotid Artery Occlusion Abdominal Aorta
Arterial Fibro Dysplasia Iliac Artery Aneurysms
Management of Strokes Carotid Endarterectomy
Carotid Artery Reconstruction Extracranial Carotid Aneurysm
Visceral Artery Diseases Carotid Body Tumors
Mesenteric Artery Diseases Renal Vascular Disease
Endovascular Surgery Vascular Trauma
Peripheral Artery Disease Upper Extremity Arterial Disease
Venous Diseases Lower Extremity Arterial Disease
Venous Occlusion Venous Insufficiency
Venous Ulcers Complications
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate skill in the clinical evaluation as well as the use of non-invasive and other diagnostic testing procedures for accurate diagnosis of vascular diseases
- Illustrate in-depth knowledge of comprehensive disease management, invasive and drug therapy, as well as risk factor modulation.
- Discuss preoperative risk assessment as well as operative and postoperative critical care procedures for the vascular surgery patient.
- Summarize indications for and techniques of open operative treatment of vascular disorders.
- Describe indications for and techniques relating to standard of care endovascular interventions and reconstructions.
- Describe any randomly chosen vascular surgery operation from start to finish.
The Osler Institute is so confident that our programs are the best that we guarantee: if you have utilized an Osler course and then failed the examination, you may re-enroll until you pass tuition-free. For full details see our Terms and Conditions