This course will help you improve your critical reasoning and communication skills in an intensive case review course designed to help you zero in on what is most clinically relevant for diagnosis, surgical or non-surgical approach, and case management in all essential areas of vascular surgery. The course covers standard of care relevant cases utilizing a mock oral exam format. When you register for our virtual mock oral course, you receive one complimentary virtual mock oral session and observing others being examined. Participants and faculty review one-on-one in a 25-minute simulation of the oral board process in which the faculty asks questions about Vascular Surgery case management followed by a critique and audience response; 2-4 cases are reviewed in each 30-minute session for a total of 40 to 80 case reviews per day. Learn from doing and from observing others. Participants may purchase additional private mock oral sessions, however, availability and topics may be limited within two weeks of the course. Please contact the Osler office prior to that time to ensure availability.
Designation: The Osler Institute designates this Other activity (case reviews plus real-time virtual one-on-one interaction with Faculty) for a maximum 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Accreditation Statement: The Osler Institute is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
At the conclusion of this course, for all areas covered by vascular surgery, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate skill in clinical evaluation as well as use of non-invasive and other diagnostic testing procedures for accurate diagnosis of vascular diseases
- Illustrate in-depth knowledge of comprehensive disease management, invasive and drug therapy, as well as risk factor modulation.
- Discuss preoperative risk assessment as well as operative and postoperative critical care procedures for the vascular surgery patient.
- Summarize indications for and techniques of open operative treatment of vascular disorders.
- Describe indications for and techniques relating to standard of care endovascular interventions and reconstructions.
- Describe any randomly chosen vascular surgery operation from start to finish.
The Osler Institute is so confident that our programs are the best that we guarantee: if you have utilized an Osler course and then failed the examination, you may re-enroll until you pass tuition-free. For full details see our Terms and Conditions