Access to recorded one-on-one Mock Oral sessions (volunteer and Faculty) high yield topic videos. This course will help you improve your critical reasoning and evaluation as well as communication skills in an intensive case review course designed to help you zero in on what is most clinically relevant for diagnosis, surgical approach, and case management in all essential areas of Plastic Surgery. The course covers standard care-relevant cases utilizing a mock oral exam format. We’ve recorded virtual one-on-one mock oral sessions between individual volunteers and our best Faculty covering all required topic areas to bring them to you. When you register for our virtual mock oral video for DO’s review, you receive access to stream the entire recorded course (26 hours)
The Osler Institute designates this Other activity (recorded case reviews) for a maximum of 28 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Osler Institute is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Oral Course Topic Areas Covered:
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Ascertain the etiology, diagnostic criteria, differential diagnosis, and prognosis for common surgeries in all category and anatomy classifications prescribed by the ABPS
- Discuss appropriate diagnostic and assessment procedures
- Apply evidence-based information to pre-operative risk assessment and determination of patient-specific options
- Provide a reasonable and appropriate plan for surgical and medical management of defined patient problems and likely complications for all common surgeries covered by the specialty of plastic surgery
- Explain the various types of surgical facilities and their suitability for all major plastic surgery approaches
- Describe appropriate habilitation and rehabilitation approaches for all common areas covered by plastic surgery
- Incorporate clinical reasoning and problem-solving skills learned in a manner that fosters good communication within the surgical team and with patients
The Osler Institute takes pride in providing the highest quality education to our learners. We offer courses that are guaranteed to help them confidently pass their examinations. In the unlikely event of a learner not passing their examination, we offer the opportunity to re-enroll in the same course tuition-free until they succeed. For complete information on this guarantee, we invite you to review our comprehensive Terms and Conditions.