We’ve recorded virtual one-on-one sessions with our best Faculty on every topic we normally cover in the public rooms at our LIVE reviews to bring them to you. This course will help you improve your critical reasoning and communication skills in an intensive case review course designed to help you zero in on what is most clinically relevant for diagnosis, surgical approach, and case management in all essential areas of plastic surgery. It is also an opportunity to review and revise your casebooks. The course covers standard care-relevant cases utilizing a mock oral exam format.
When you register for our virtual mock oral course, you receive access to stream the entire recorded course (25 hours) PLUS one complimentary virtual private mock oral. Participants may purchase as many additional virtual private mock oral sessions. as needed, although Faculty and topic availability may be limited over time.
Designation: The Osler Institute designates this Other activity (case reviews plus real-time virtual one-on-one interaction with Faculty) for a maximum of 25.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Osler Institute is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
At the conclusion of this course, each participant should be able to:
- Ascertain the etiology, diagnostic criteria, differential diagnosis and prognosis for common surgeries in all category and anatomy classifications prescribed by the ABPS
- Discuss appropriate diagnostic and assessment procedures
- Apply evidence-based information to pre-operative risk assessment and determination of patient specific options
- Provide a reasonable and appropriate plan for surgical and medical management of defined patient problems and likely complications for all common surgeries covered by the specialty of plastic surgery
- Explain the various types of surgical facilities and their suitability for all major plastic surgery approaches
- Describe appropriate habilitation and rehabilitation approaches for all common areas covered by plastic surgery
- Incorporate clinical reasoning and problem solving skills learned in a manner that fosters good communication within the surgical team and with patients
The Osler Institute is so confident that our programs are the best that we guarantee: if you have utilized an Osler course and then failed the examination, you may re-enroll until you pass tuition-free. For full details see our Terms and Conditions