Designation: The Osler Institute designates this Other activity (real-time virtual one-on-one interaction with Faculty) for a maximum of 30 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hone your critical reasoning and evaluation skills in an intensive case review course designed to help you zero in on what is most clinically relevant for diagnosis, treatment approach, and patient management in all essential areas of Ophthalmology. The course opens with a lecture presentation on the critical reasoning and communication skills that are important to passing the Oral Certification exam.
Course fees include participating in 2 virtual mock orals scheduled during the 3 days encompassing the course. Participants may purchase additional mock orals if desired; however, topic availability may be limited near the start of the course.
Mock Oral Exam Topics
- Optics, Refraction & Physiology
- Neuro-ophthalmology & Orbit
- External Eye and Adnexa
- Anterior Segment of the Eye
- Posterior Segment of the Eye
- Pediatrics, and Strabismus
If you are interested in purchasing any additional Private Mock Orals $165 please contact The Osler Institute at 800-356-7537; space and topic availability may be limited within the two weeks prior to the course.
At the conclusion of this course, each participant should be able to:
- Apply the basic principles of optics to refractory problems and how to correct them
- Discuss common ocular conditions and delineate how to correlate clinical and pathologic findings
- Diagnose and manage common types of congenital and acquired disorders in children
- Explain the process of cataract surgery and potential complications
- Explain the basic concepts of glaucoma diagnosis and treatment approaches
- Discuss the differential diagnosis and treatment of uveitis
- Delineate how to apply differential surgical approaches to ocular surface reconstruction
- Construct contextually appropriate differential diagnoses for most ophthalmic disorders
- Identify levels of evidence to support the most effective interventional strategies and communicate said evidence to patients
The Osler Institute is so confident that our programs are the best that we guarantee: if you have utilized an Osler course and then failed the examination, you may re-enroll until you pass tuition-free. For full details see our Terms and Conditions