Pass your Otolaryngology certification exam by honing your critical reasoning and evaluation skills in an intensive 2-day case review course designed to help you zero in on what is most clinically relevant for diagnosis, developing a management plan, and surgical approach, if required, in all pertinent areas of otolaryngology. The course begins with a lecture on critical reasoning skills that will be emphasized during the mock oral exams to follow. The remainder of the course consists of a series of board-relevant cases presented as half-hour public mock oral exams followed by faculty feedback. Participants and faculty review one-on-one in a 25-minute simulation of the oral board exam. You may request intermittent critiques or a straight exam followed by a critique.
Course fees include participating in 2 mock oral exams. Participants may purchase additional mock orals if desired; however, availability may be limited within two weeks of the start of the course. Enter Mock Oral topic preference(s) in the indicated boxes when registering.
At the conclusion of this course each participant will be able to:
- Discuss the etiology, diagnostic criteria, differential diagnosis, prognosis, treatment options, and common complications for all major disorders covered by the medical specialty of Otolaryngology
- Delineate how to apply appropriate diagnostic, assessment and imaging procedures
- Discuss reasonable and appropriate treatment plans for medical and/or surgical management for all major Otolaryngologic disorders
- Identify levels of evidence to support the most appropriate interventional strategies and effectively communicate said evidence to patients
- Explain the appropriate surgical approaches and what facilities are required for Board delineated focus areas, pediatrics, and facial reconstructive surgeries
- Summarize the basics of diagnosing and treating head and neck cancer
- Explain the necessity for and how to perform safe techniques for pediatric tonsillectomy
- Describe appropriate habilitation and rehabilitation approaches
The Osler Institute is so confident that our programs are the best that we guarantee: if you have utilized an Osler course and then failed the examination, you may re-enroll until you pass tuition-free. For full details see our Terms and Conditions