CME on Your Terms – The Osler Institute utilized state of the art equipment to record our Live April 2016 comprehensive Pediatrics Review Course and bring it to you! These audio files are stored “in the cloud” so you can stream them anywhere, anytime, as long as you have an internet connection – your learning experience is almost like being at the live activity, but without travel costs and time away from your practice.
Check out the preview below.
Designation:  The Osler Institute designates this Enduring Material for a maximum of 55 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the activity, with individual assessments of the participant and feedback to the participant, enables the participant to earn 55 MOC points in the American Board of Pediatrics’ (ABP) Maintenance of Certification program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participation completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABP MOC credit.
- Release Date: June 1, 2016
- Expiration Date: May 31, 2019
- Estimated Time to Complete: 55 hours
- Unlimited use for 6 months, only $675.00
- 1 month for just $295.00
Faculty and Topics
- Anjan Batra, MD Associate Professor of Pediatrics University of California, Irvine - Congenital Heart Disease, Acquired Heart Disease, ECG Interpretations, Evaluations and Arrhythmias
- Anne Beck, MD Professor of Pediatrics Washington University, St. Louis -Nephritis and UTIs - Congenital Uropathies, Fluids and Electrolytes, Hypertension
- Robert Castellino, MD Assistant Professor of Pediatrics Emory University - Platelets and Coagulation - Cancer and Benign Tumors, Red Cell Disorders, White Cell Disorders
- Michael Farrell, MD Professor of Pediatrics University of Cincinnati College of Medicine - Congenital GI Diseases, Acquired GI Diseases, Nutrition, Ethics and Pediatric Pearls
- Adrian Florens, MD Assistant Professor of Pediatrics University of Miami School of Medicine - Normal Newborns, Neonatal Newborns, Neonatal Critical Care, Apnea and SIDS
- Ajay Gupta, MD Associate Professor of Neurology Cleveland Clinic Foundation - CNS Disorders, Paroxysmal Disorders & Migraine, Epilepsy and Seizure Syndromes
- Ben Katz, MD Professor of Pediatrics Northwestern University - Viral Infections, Bacterial Infections, Fungal and Parasitic Infections, Antibiotic Update
- Deniz Kesebir, MD, MS Assistant Professor in Pediatrics New York University - Otolaryngology, Immunizations, Child Development
- Paras Khandhar, MD Assistant Professor of Pediatrics Oakland University - Pulmonary Disorders, Evidence Based Medicine & Statistics
- Jason Ben Kovalcik, MD Pediatric Hospitalist Ohio State University - Pediatric Emergencies, Pediatric ABCs, Rheumatology, Poisoning and Toxicology
- Sandra Lawrence, MD, FACR Pediatric Rheumatologist Boca Raton Regional Hospital, Florida - Immune Physiology, Pharmacology, Skin Disorders
- Melvin Thornton II, MD Associate Professor of OB/GYN Columbia University - Adolescent Gynecology, Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Benjamin Ticho, MD Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology University of Illinois, Chicago - Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Jonathan Williams, MD Professor of Radiology University of Florida, Gainesville - Radiology
- Donald Wilson, MD Pediatric Endocrinologist,Cook Children's Health Care System, Fort Worth, TX - Thyroid & Parathyroid, Gonadal Disorders, Adrenal Disorders, Growth & Growth Disorders, Diabetes Mellitus
Faculty, Planner, and Reviewer Disclosure Declaration
- In compliance with the Standards, Guidelines, and Ethical opinions of the ACCME, AAMC and AMA, The Osler Institute requires that anyone with input into the planning or presentation of Continuing Medical Education activities provided or jointly-provided by The Osler Institute must disclose to the program audience any relevant financial relationships with companies or organizations about whose products or services they are discussing in their presentations.
- The following faculty/planners/reviewers disclosed a relevant financial relationship(s).
- Ajay Gupta, MD - Consultant for Lundbeck and Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
The following faculty/planners/reviewers listed no relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose.
- Anjan Batra, MD
- Anne Beck, MD
- Robert Castellino, MD
- Michael Farrell, MD
- Adrian Florens, MD
- Ben Katz, MD
- Deniz Kesebir, MD
- Paras Khandhar, MD
- Sandra Lawrence, MBBS
- Melvin Thornton II, MD
- Benjamin Ticho, MD
- Jonathan Williams, MD
- Don Wilson, MD
- Jason Ben Kovalcik, MD†*
- Christina Pearison†
- Sally Schuette, PhD†
- Joseph Selliken, MD†
- Michael Stewart†
- † Program Planning Committee
- * Reviewer if Applicable
- Discuss updated patient management strategies for the following areas: internal medicine, nephrology, immunology, endocrinology, adolescent medicine, neonatology, otolaryngology, radiology, genetics and behavioral pediatrics
- Confidently interpret laboratory finding, EKG's and other graphic representations of body function for specific patient presentations
- Develop appropriate diagnosis and treatment plans for common pediatric conditions
- Summarize the diagnosis and treatment of relevant diseases requiring a modified approach
- Recognize when to refer patient to a specialist to provide the best patient care
- Translate evidence-based clinical guidelines discussed to practice of pediatric medicine
- Apply improved clinical understanding to effectively communicate diagnosis and treatment options to patients and/or caregivers